Mar

Broga Hill, Semenyih

Date: 29-Mar-2009
Time: 07.00

Broga Hill is not tough to hike and it takes roughly 30 minutes to reach the first lookout point. There are about 3-4 of them, each with slightly different view and the further you go, the higher it is, obviously. Mosquito is a nuisance there, so it’s good to be prepared with insect repellant. Although the hike is short, you may be surprised with the amazing view, which looks as if you are quite high above sea level.

...

Click HERE for more recent Broga Hill photos

free b2evolution skin

63 comments

Comment from: Speaker of Go Green Campaign [Visitor]
Speaker of Go Green CampaignI like that last picture; with a big "X" in the middle.
Where were you standing at the time?
How come I didn't see this view geh?

I'm standing way up the hill, probably the 3rd lookout point. Could be treasure under the "X".
03/31/09 @ 14:31
Comment from: Anthony [Visitor]
AnthonyLets go and dig it out! hehehe
I found that the sunlight is abit shy here. The time is good for hiking but photography maybe a bit later ?
just a beginner thoughts...

The sun is actually there but maybe not bright enought. Anyway, I'm happy with the lighting.
04/01/09 @ 11:36
Comment from: Ko [Visitor]
*****
KoI didn't know got such place. I might need to find sometime to go there next time.

Thanks for sharing.
04/03/09 @ 13:39
Comment from: kylie [Visitor] Email
*****
kyliei am staying in this beautiful village.
Strongly recommand to all of you..
04/14/09 @ 16:55
Comment from: Leeky [Visitor]
*****
Leekynice shoot...i been there after u.. next time we go together la ;)
04/15/09 @ 23:13
Comment from: ming [Visitor]
mingthe view is so nice.
planning to go for a hike in the coming labour day...but unsure on the direction how to go and where is the starting point.
can give some advise?
04/25/09 @ 14:06
Comment from: kyle [Visitor]
***--
kylehi, im goin to find this place on coming labour day, if got fate we'll meet, as i know the entranc was exactly in front of rabbit farm land. good luck
04/28/09 @ 21:58
Comment from: Cindy Tan [Visitor]
****-
Cindy Tanis it a good place to watch sunrise or sunset? best time for sunrise?

Not bad for sunrise. You will need to reach there at around 6am and hike in the dark with torchlight.
06/07/09 @ 15:20
Comment from: Jamie [Visitor] Email
JamieWant to go, but where is this? How do I get there from PJ?
06/09/09 @ 16:44
Comment from: Xristony [Visitor]
****-
XristonyA group of natural lovers are planning to go for daytrip in July2009. Whoever wanna join along please email me..and I will update u with the details and meet up point :)

My email > initial_13@yahoo.com
06/26/09 @ 12:23
Comment from: siti [Visitor] Email
*****
sitii am working in proton.i wish to go but no
frens had a same interest as me?may i join
any group to Broga Hill.??
07/01/09 @ 16:35
Comment from: hiker [Visitor]
hikersiti, let's go together. dont forget to invite muazah too.
07/02/09 @ 22:43
Comment from: AChan [Visitor] Email
AChanHi all, I have heard so much about this place Broga hill - it looks great. I am planning to bring along my kids n to shoot some shots myself; is the trek kids-friendly for kids from 4 to 8yrs old ?

I think it should be okay although not easy. I've seen parents bringing young children there too.
07/07/09 @ 15:31
Comment from: joson [Visitor]
*****
josonhw do i get there,if i come from UPM??i plan to go thr this sunday
07/10/09 @ 19:16
Comment from: teik peng [Visitor]
*****
teik pengwhats the best time to start the hike in order to enjoy an amazaing view of the sun rise with my my my girlfriend?

From my past experience, you should reach there by 6am so that with moderate hiking speed, you could reach the top before sunrise.
07/23/09 @ 18:28
Comment from: eric [Visitor]
*****
ericI am going there this Sat, praying for good weather...
08/24/09 @ 15:06
Comment from: Emily [Visitor]
*****
EmilyNice hill! Nice view! Nice food too, remember to try this -> http://yummysay.blogspot.com/search/label/Broga :)
09/11/09 @ 13:30
Comment from: Rick [Visitor]
*****
RickI Been there 3 times and i love it. It's amazing , chances to catch the serene of sunrises. For those who want to catch the sunrise , get up early in the morning and reach by 6 for quick climbers and 5.30 for less active ones. Bring a torchlight each because its completely dark in the plantation and later lalang's. Make your way to the second last peak and there will be your best position to catch the sunrise.I go there pretty often, usually guide my friends there.Note that during weekdays is quiet and during holidays and weekend is pretty crowded. Besides the hike, there's a bunny farm :D and a temple.
09/29/09 @ 19:39
Comment from: Edwin T [Visitor] Email
****-
Edwin TJust came back from there last week and it is amazing! And your photos are really catchy. Well done!
10/04/09 @ 17:33
Comment from: Choi [Visitor]
****-
ChoiNice photos.Going tomorrow morning. Will share my view after that.
10/09/09 @ 18:57
Comment from: munwah [Visitor]
munwahis the land for sales? Anyone has any idea? Nice to have a house in such a place.
10/13/09 @ 17:07
Comment from: adam Seow [Visitor] Email
****-
adam Seowthe locations & pix looks very interesting.I wonder if any1 being there this 2 weeks(7/11/09),how is the walking conditions.It has been rainy a lot.Not forgetting the mosquito.Advice would be greatly appreciated.Thanks.
11/08/09 @ 08:33
Comment from: WING [Visitor]
WINGwanna ask..
if rainy day go any effect???
recently keep on raining,
if the nite before got rain will it difficult n dangerous to climb???
pls advise
11/13/09 @ 17:22
Comment from: YC [Visitor]
YCI just went with a group of friends yesterday to catch sunrise. We didn't get to see the sunrise but the view was still lovely. Surprisingly, we didn't 'encounter' any mosquitoes. The land was a bit soft and slippery as it was after the rain yesterday morning. But it was an easy hike up.When we were leaving in our cars, an 'uncle' came up to us to ask for 'RM2 Parking Fee'. We didn't want to pay and leave. He threatened to say that he won't let us in the next time and asked us to watch out! That incident spoiled an otherwise lovely hike.
11/16/09 @ 09:04
Comment from: Jessie [Visitor]
JessieAnyone can let me know how long is the distant and how long time we need from starting point to the peak?
Hope can go and watch the sunrise....
11/28/09 @ 23:48
Comment from: Ah Hong [Visitor]
Ah HongNice picture :)
11/30/09 @ 13:32
Comment from: jimmy [Visitor]
*****
jimmyMay i know normally what time would be the
best time to climbing up to the hill??

It's best to start at 6am or even earlier to catch the beautiful sunrise.
12/19/09 @ 12:22
Comment from: bebe [Visitor] Email
****-
bebeI plan to go, but where is this? How to get there from PJ? When is the best time to go? for sunrise or sunset, wic one is nicer? how long for the whole journey up to the peak? will i lost?
01/04/10 @ 22:34
Comment from: ikhwan [Visitor] Email
****-
ikhwanwanna ask, if sunday, crowded or not? Thanx in advance.

It's very crowded on weekends and holidays.
01/05/10 @ 02:16
Comment from: nikel [Visitor]
*****
nikelur photo is great shot..visit bec soon
01/05/10 @ 14:20
Comment from: Allison [Visitor]
AllisonHi those who have been there, may i ask a silly question? Anyone see any snake there? I wish to pay Broga Hill a visit but I have phobia with the reptile!
Thanks for sharing.

I did not notice any snake there even after several visits.
01/19/10 @ 09:40
Comment from: nia [Visitor]
*****
niahi guys....juz know 'bout broga hill. i wanna know, the high of this broga hill..anybody know pls inform me coz looks like i wanna bring my kids too...thanks..
01/21/10 @ 15:54
Comment from: Nick [Visitor] Email
****-
NickHi All. I would like to share some info with you guys.

Im a student at the University of Nottingham (Msia Campus) and Broga hill is located just behind our campus!

To get there, make a left turn into the junction at the traffic lights right after semenyih town (if you are coming from kl). There is a Petronas station opposite the junction. Head down the smooth road for about 5km. You will pass the university campus which is pretty well lit, but it gets really dark after that so drive carefully. The road will start to get narrower and merge into a trunk road.
The entrance to the hill is a clearing within the oil palm estate next to the road. It is just opposite the rabbit farmland.
Parking used to be free, but the land owners got greedy and started charging RM2 to park your car.

The hill is a usual climb for most of the students here..natural pathways have been made because of this so it a relatively easy climb.

From my experience, it takes about 30~45 minutes to get to the peak.
If you plan to catch the sunrise which I recommend, start you ascend up the hill latest by 6am. Bring a good torchlight as it is pitch dark there early in the morning.

It's a very nice spot for some light hiking and fresh air. Comes with a great view too!

So far i haven't heard of people encountering reptiles and other nasty stuff there, but do be careful as you never know.

Watch out for the weather. If it rains the night before, my advice is to avoid the climb because it will be slippery and landslides could occur (there are some small signs of erosion).

And as always, please do keep the place clean so others can enjoy the place too!

Good luck to all!
01/29/10 @ 13:44
Comment from: CCN [Visitor]
*****
CCNhey may I know how to go broga hill from Sri petaling? I am going this friday!!
02/16/10 @ 15:27
Comment from: Farra [Visitor] Email
*****
FarraA colleague of mine mentioned about this place. The pix look great! Will surely go hike there someday soon. Thanks for the info.
02/24/10 @ 14:57
Comment from: Myn [Visitor] Email
*****
MynNice hill, i wanna go there..help me...huhu
03/07/10 @ 10:47
Comment from: lawrence [Visitor]
***--
lawrenceHi All,

im going to organise a trip to broga hill with my colleagues(Company activity), its include chinese and malay colleagues, so i would like to know is there any malay food selling around broga hill there? because im sure after climbed my colleagues will looking some food or drink there...

Please advised..
Thanks alot.

I remember having nasi lemak at a Malay stall around town area after descending from Broga Hill.
03/30/10 @ 16:21
Comment from: lawrence [Visitor]
lawrenceThanks alot for your reply...
may i know how far from the hill to town?

Not far, about 5-10 minutes drive to Semenyih town.
03/31/10 @ 08:51
Comment from: sam [Visitor] Email
*****
samHi there , awesome picture.

1 question..... how's the wind on the top of the hill ..... is there a strong wind there all the time? ... i read that there are people who paraglide here ... but not any more.

There is not much wind at the top.
04/01/10 @ 15:01
Comment from: azhan [Visitor]
*****
azhannice place... i will be there soon .. confirm ..
04/15/10 @ 16:04
Comment from: ninja [Visitor]
ninjaanyone going July 4th or 11th ?
06/16/10 @ 10:50
Comment from: Stanley [Visitor] Email
*****
Stanleyhello~~~ i'm going organized with my friends and planning to go on 10th or 11th July 2010.. hahaha..... hope to see you guys over there!
06/17/10 @ 18:25
Comment from: Fina [Visitor] Email
FinaHalo...just wanna ask some info.
My class is planning going a two days one night trip. Can we camping at there? Is it dangerous because of the slippy hills?
07/09/10 @ 20:24
Comment from: Potts Cullen [Visitor]
*****
Potts CullenNice shots!! wish to experience tis too.. by 2moro!! yayyyy!!
i wanna share ur blog at my wall...
*actually already done.. ;p*

thx!
07/10/10 @ 11:22
Comment from: cpeao [Visitor]
cpeaoafter reaching the 1st lookout point...to reach the 2nd how long do we need? ...and to reach from 2nd to 3rd point adn 3rd to 4th point how long do we need for all?
07/28/10 @ 01:22
Comment from: Sathis Chandran [Visitor] Email
Sathis ChandranHye, Guys. I would like o organised a team
activity at Broka Hills. Whom i should go
through for this activity.

Regards

Sathis
0126872618
09/09/10 @ 15:26
Comment from: Siew Ti [Visitor]
Siew TiHi .....
Im going to broga hill tomolo..... yahoooooooo.... (^^)

Siew Ti
09/15/10 @ 16:16
Comment from: darius jay [Visitor]
*****
darius jaynice place.....should try ha...
09/21/10 @ 13:04
Comment from: Janice Cho [Visitor]
Janice ChoHi.. im planning to go there this Sunday morning .. but im not sure how to go there from Klang .. scared sesat jalan .. guidance ,plsss... ?
10/01/10 @ 17:08
Comment from: Fauzan [Visitor] Email
****-
FauzanBroga Hill, its beauty do make me want to go there. This January, I'm on my holiday so I think I should be there. Need information please.
11/21/10 @ 11:09
Comment from: eric [Visitor]
*****
ericwas just there last sunday. nice hike up, not too difficult. only thing to get better shoes and a walking stick..
11/22/10 @ 16:48
Comment from: Elvin [Visitor]
*****
ElvinAnybody can show me how to go there?
12/07/10 @ 18:47
Comment from: Mohd Shukri [Visitor] Email
Mohd ShukriHi everybody,

very intresting place to go, but i'm not even once going there yet, how do i get there. Why did't this info don't have the maps to guide there. May be i decide to walk for day trip alone. anybody want to join me...
12/09/10 @ 00:48
Comment from: dura rais [Visitor]
*****
dura raisi heard many time about broga..can i bring n carry my child his only about 10 month..
as u said broga hill not tough to hike..
12/16/10 @ 12:23
Comment from: jieha [Visitor]
****-
jiehabroga also have their own waterfall..have u been there??
12/20/10 @ 16:11
Comment from: Gene [Visitor]
GeneTrail starts at 2.939787º N 101.901644º E for those who are interested and equipped with a GPS.
12/24/10 @ 22:19
Comment from: lEo [Visitor]
****-
lEohey.. i will be goin tis sunday..
can tell anything need concern?
03/18/11 @ 11:15
Comment from: zuza [Visitor]
*****
zuzawow! seems too hard to climb for a 70kg. haha! but will try next week with some friends from pahang. eager to view God's greatest touch. thanks a million for the encouraging and superb photos.
04/08/11 @ 19:17
Comment from: budiez [Visitor]
*****
budiezCan i use this photo on my website of interesting places in semenyih? I will put a photo credit link if you give the permission.Thank you.
04/29/11 @ 09:09
Comment from: Brat [Visitor] Email
BratHi All,

I m looking forward to going here... is there any public transport from KL to reach this place? I dont own a car kindly advice the best way to reach here?

Cheers
Brat
06/13/11 @ 13:51
Comment from: intanatiqah [Visitor]
*****
intanatiqahreally love all the pic,n i hope that one fine day i willl be there..love it
06/22/11 @ 17:29
Comment from: saravanan [Visitor]
saravananHi intan.....do go asap.its beautiful.just went yesterday. planing to go there again in end Sept/early Oct for another round ;-)
08/15/11 @ 12:27
Comment from: Amy [Visitor]
Amyplan to trek Broga Hill but would like to know if anyone had encounter with leeches( pacat).

I've been there about 5 times but did not encounter any leech :p
10/10/11 @ 22:08

This post has 7821 feedbacks awaiting moderation...